Volunteer Highlight: Will Lopez
Hi my name is Will Lopez and I have been volunteering at B.R.A.I.N for over two years. My friend Ken invited me to F.B.I on a Tuesday and I was immediately impacted by the love in the room and the powerful stories that were shared every meeting.
I am always inspired by the resilience and determination displayed by every survivor - the way the survivors work incredibly hard to improve their mobility and speech or increase their balance. As a volunteer, I do my best to contribute by providing a listening ear, a hug, a smile and my presence. At the end of every meeting I feel grateful, inspired and energized. I think to myself, “I thought I came here to give?”, but find that I was given to in more ways then I'm aware of.
1. I enjoy playing piano and soccer
2. I am a beekeeper, I have a bee farm in El Salvador
3. I love breakfast burritos
4. I recently became a vegan.
5. People I meet for the first time, often ask if I am middle eastern… I am from El Salvador.